Memory foam pillows are increasingly common these days with their seemingly lower prices. With an overflow of information, consumers are getting confused between various manufacturer claims. Besides this, most of the chiropractors and sleep specialists also advise sleeping on memory foam pillows. So what is a memory foam pillow and why should you sleep on it?
What is a memory foam pillow?
A memory foam pillow contains polyurethane. It has added chemicals to increase its viscosity and density. It is often referred to as visco-elastic polyurethane foam pillow. High-density memory foam pillow softens in reaction to body heat and allows it for molding to a warm body in few minutes. New memory foam pillow always recovers more quickly to its original shape.
Memory foam pillow has two features that make it an excellent support material.
Open cell structure
First of all, memory foam cells employ an open cell structure with holes in them. These holes compress fully and spread their air pressure to adjoining cells which help to reduce pressure points.
Secondly, the memory foam pillow cells are heat sensitive. The more heat that is applied, the more the cells compress. This temperature sensitivity helps it to further conform to the exact shape of the sleeper’s body. The example often used to demonstrate its properties is that a hand pressed into the memory foam pillow and then removed will leave a clear impression in the foam. It is this property of variable density that has led to its extensive use for medical support for long-term bed-bound patients.
Significant Benefits of a memory foam pillow
- It molds to the shape of your head and neck providing perfect support and luxurious comfort just for you
- It allows hard-working neck and upper back muscles to relax and recover and free from strain and pressure entirely
- It is hypoallergenic and antibacterial, perfect for people living with asthma, allergy sufferers, and general pillow hygiene
- It provides an excellent contour variance by conforming to your preferred sleeping style and provides the right type of support needed whether you enjoy sleeping on your back or side. This type of pillow offers its users consistent comfort night after night for a sound sleep
- Its breathable fibers that surround the core-foam allow the air to circulate to stay you more relaxed during the night properly. You may find that this type of pillow is better suited to your needs than most of the other standard pillows
- This type of adjustable pillow which provides proper support has been mostly recommended by physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths and sleep specialists
- For those who suffer from asthma, allergies or other conditions that may affect their breathing, this is the perfect pillow for them. For many, this type of unique pillow has created a more restful, deeper sleep that has them waking up refreshed and ready to take on the day
Be aware that cheaper memory foam pillows tend to be of the lower density. If the pillow's thickness is too small, it has very few genuine memory foam qualities. The recovery time is also so slow that the foam does not conform to your body's shape. So always go for a high-density memory foam pillow. We would highly recommend you to go for our high-quality memory foam pillow. It is designed with a new scientific B-shaped modeling technique. It relieves the pressure of cervical vertebra and makes your sleep easier. Its particular cellular structure is breathable and antibiosis. Many chiropractors and sleep specialists highly recommend it. Rest assured you won’t be regretted your decision.